Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In case you were wondering…



…Why the flurry of unaccustomed blogging activity?  It’s a vague new year’s resolution type thingy.  One of the things I’ve learned over the years is that writing something down helps me to process it.  It’s second best to talking about it:  as a Myers Briggs Extravert I tend to think with my mouth.  There’s nothing I like better than a no-holds barred discussion about some meaty subject – it helps me to sharpen my thinking, shows up when I’m not thinking very well, and helps me to see a bigger picture.  However, a ready supply of Argument Elves is not something that is easily obtainable, and Mike’s ears sometimes reach their limit, despite nearly twenty two years of intensive training!  I therefore decided that it would be good for me to blog more and actually publish the stuff…well actually write it in the first place.  In the past I’ve edited my blog out of existence before I’ve even put fingers to keyboard, with the result that I haven’t had an opportunity to work out what I really think, or to get things off my chest.  But this is the year of trying something different.  It does mean that sometimes I might talk rubbish – feel free to tell me so (kindly!) or that my line of thinking needs pushing around a bit – feel free to join in. 

Let’s see how it goes….

No comments:

Post a Comment